-Town Archive 
Input Archive query then Search/Enter for results - Click on thumbnails to view Photo - A4 Prints without the Watermark are available from the Heritage Centre.
- Use the Catalog Ref Number on the list result e.g. 301B - Please feel to call into the Centre for more information.
Entry Found Thumbnail Title entry Article Catalog Ref Photographer Photo Date
1 The Corporation Arms, Dilworth Formerly the BLACK BULL INN, built in the 1700s. It was bought by Preston Corporation Waterworks and renamed in about 1865. Reputed to be the only pub in the country to be owned by a waterworks! 301B Unknown Unknown
2 Berry Lane, Longridge Looking towards the Foresters Arms. Townley Road runs off to the left of the photo.   301C Unknown Early 1900's
3 Smelt Mill Cottages 302A 8th Aug 1912
4 Trough Of Bowland Boundary Stone Hill, looking North West in the direction of Lancaster. Image postmarked: Dunsop Bridge August 5th 1909. 302B Unknown 5th Aug 1909
5 Whittle\'s Mill Football Team 302C Unknown Unknown
6 Longridge C of E Annual Trip C.1950 303A Unknown c. 1950
7 Stone Bridge The photogaph shows the Co-op on the corner of Kestor Lane, off Silver Street. These properties were built in the late 1800's when Whittles Mill was opened. 303B Unknown
8 Celebration of the Ending of the 1939 to 1945 War The photograph shows a bus trip to the seaside to celebrate the ending of the 1939-1945 War. It was taken on Preston Road (now Derby Road) at the corner of Regent Street. Thank you to Margret Ball, Louis Smith and David Burgum for details and names.   304A Unknown
9 Whitewell Hotel 306A Unknown 28th April 1911
10 Miscellaneous Photograph, Horse Bus The bus was opened by Mr. Duckworth from premises in King Street (now demolished) near where the public toilets are situated. During the week the vehicle was used for coal deliveries. The postcard was taken on Lower Lane and was postmarked August 6th 1913.      306B Unknown 6th August 1913